Vertical spines

Dejected by lack of improvement to the back.  But people were kind to me all day.

First, Lorraine rescued me from this, by setting up an osteopath appointment, and going off to Ashford to take Pat to an appointment. She also called Brian and arranged for him to collect me. Not before calling our old pal Brian Bell by mistake first, which was fun. Brian in Seaford kindly picked me up, Igor-ing in my slippers into his car.  

The osteopath was incredibly gentle and very chatty behind his facemark. After twenty minutes or so of deceptively light massage transformed the rigid muscle into something more pliable. We were chatting all the time. His father was an archeologist, and his mother a dentist, and he and his brother grew with bones to play with. He also said that the majority of spines are horizontal, which I had never thought about in quite that way before. 

He took my payment, while chatting intensely, and it was only when I got home, the receptionist called to say the payment hadn't gone through because he was talking so much. I paid by bank transfer. Worth every penny.

Brian, bless him, had done several chores, and then waited patiently outside to take me home. He is a genuinely kind and lovely man. 

Even after a noticeable improvement, l was still not able to attend Charlotte's pamphlet launch (called Cargo) in Lewes, which has been in my diary for two months. 

However, Steve came round early this evening and we drank a few beers at the kitchen table, and listened to some jazz. Steve laps up a bit of jazz. He is very sensitive to music, and one particularly lovely bit brought tears to his eyes. As well as some bottled beer, he also brought a lovely light brown loaf he had baked with wholemeal and French bread flour. Lorraine home at around nine. Steve driving up to Leicestershire to see his mum tomorrow, so didn't stay long. 

Feeling positive about improvement. A few beers helped too, relaxing my muscles and I walked in a human fashion to bed, with a near vertical spine, while thinking how most spines on the planet are horizontal.



Comments