Thwarted

Up early and trying to get started on some writing, hoping to send poems off for various deadlines.  I failed completely despite my best efforts, with lots of interruptions this morning.  A walk in the afternoon, however, made me feel less frustrated. The sea is therapy.  

Calliope, who had a nasty turn yesterday, constantly with me, sleeping on my desk. I am worried about her. My back, however, is still slowly improving.

Lorraine went off to see Pat and Maureen taking Pat for a blood test, and going to the garden centre for lunch. She returned late, but safely. The weather is making things unpredictable.

Only able to read and watch the unrelenting horror in Gaza and Israel now and then. So much disgusting blood lust. Such an impossibly complicated geopolitical situation. 


Comments