Appropriately murky

Slept really badly. Both cats were on the bed, but I  slept shallowly and fitfully in the spare room, as Amanda is doing our bedroom now. I missed Lorraine. Up very early. Amanda arrived, and during the course of the day, we changed one of the colours, after chatting with Lorraine between  taking her mum and dad to various appointments and cooking lasagne. 

I did an interview this morning for the podcast. My guest Martyn's computer decided to do a full update just before the interview so it was delayed, then a few technical problems but he gave a very good interview.

More shenanigans with freelance. Nothing was confirmed so I lost patience and pulled out, only to be told the job had melted away anyway. I was happy as I hadn't particularly wanted to do it, and could walk away without letting anyone down. Then I was offered another job with Keith, which I didn't fancy.  Luckily Keith couldn't do it. But in having to biff these jobs, I suddenly felt as if I had taken back the reins of my own life, and could do exactly what I wanted. 

Then went out for a good stroll this afternoon along the sea, felt like the season was at last definitely changing before my eyes.  Happy to have Lorraine back home safely. 

Sudden onset of murkiness today. Lovely.




Comments