Warm blue walls

Up early, sending off the latest version of the podcast to Robin for a final edit, and (finally) my books to my accountant, and getting my ducks in a row for Clare Best's book launch in London, where I am to be MC. Clare has sent meticulous notes about it. 

Lorraine took a morning stroll and did a spot of shopping. Then, after picking more tomatoes, Lorraine and I moving stuff and unscrewing curtain rails and so on in our bedroom, and a bathroom cabinet, and moved beds and cupboards and so on, so our bedroom can be painted by Amanda.

Off this afternoon to Brighton, passing a shrine of photos and flowers on Queen's Road where a young 17 year old boy called Mustafa was stabbed to death last Thursday. I mooched down and had my hair cut by Stacy. He said there had been a second stabbing last night in Trafalgar Street -- after discussing the attacks on Israel by Hamas, we eventually had a more cheery talk. 

Home in Seaford some time later, and I made arrangements with Mum to meeting the Waggon and Horses tomorrow. Then hefting things about in the living room, which is newly painted and papered. I am very pleased with the result. We have gone for a blue, which I am usually a shy of, as it can make a room feel cool. Somehow our blue walls seem cheery, and almost warm. 

A much needed early night, and quiet evening.

Blue walls and new wallpaper in our lounge. Plus white aubergines in our glasshouse. You can see why the Americans call them eggplants.






Comments