Friends reunited

Back steadily improving and I am able to get dressed in the morning without Lorraine having to put my socks on and so on. Trying on shirts again instead of teeshirts, and very noticeable now that my shirts are all loose. This zoe change of diet thing is really helping me get trimmer, even when I am creeping around the house like Igor.

Lorraine out this morning, and went to see Beth and James. I did a recording session with Robin, and had a little prep to do beforehand. It's great to have such a good poetry ally.

In the afternoon, I zoomed to Brighton, reading Charlotte's brilliant new pamphlet Cargo, on the train, and bought a card to give to  Lorraine tomorrow. Nice to be out in the world again, if a tad gingerly.

Then met up with my school friends Peter and Mark in The Nelson on Trafalgar Street. Drank lots, popped into a tapas place for some tapas, and then repaired to the Great Eastern. I first met those two in September 1971, which is rather a long time ago. Mark and Peter hadn't seen one another since they were sixteen. Mark just stopped working full time, and Peter retired from being a police years ago. A nice -- if rather liquid -- evening. Mark and I lurched onto the train, and Mark left at Lewes, and I walked home to find Lorraine still up.    


Comments