A slow jaunt to the smoke

To London. Lorraine and I left early, she dropped me at Preston Park. I had left with bags of extra time, but the train was cancelled, the next one slow and delayed. At Victoria the District line so crowded that everyone was kept outside the station. Some days the travel gods are against you and there's nothing you can do about it. After about 25 minutes people, led by a particularly aggressive  woman, began hectoring the young woman on the gate. Then at last we were let in.

Late, I still scraped in just before the big meeting with my chums in Chiswick. A new client, and quite a nice one. An interesting project; a lengthy brainstorm and a working lunch. I managed to shun Maltesers, M&Ms etc. that others were picking at during the morning. Nice to see my Chiswick pals again. And one particularly nice client.

All done by early in the afternoon. A fairly smooth journey. Lorraine home on time having picked up a stomach bug from school. She spent the evening curled up on the sofa, I fed her a few bland things.

Below a cheery queue outside an entrance to Victoria tube station, the queue stretched about fifty metres in each direction. I was near the front. London is hard to love sometimes.




Comments