River time

Up at the crack of sparrows, feeling rather rough and hot. Lorraine's patented cure all of a cup of tea and two paracetamol seemed to fix this however and I made my way to Chiswick station without mishap, noticing Strand on the Green's subtle river smell which is so ingrained in me having lived there for years.

A rather excellent day was then had. The work I'd been doing over the last few days went down very well, and the team led my Matty boy and Stephen worked really collaboratively. A luncheon in the City Barge of excellent fish and chips, then an afternoon of more work was followed by a swift beer with Matt, Stephen and First Matie in the Bull's Head. Good to see Katie down from Hull for a couple of days, and I'm really enjoying getting to know Stephen better. He is a genuinely ethical man, not something you encounter much in the agency world. Enjoyed working again with Yas and April too. April flourishing as a freelancer, and Yas is someone I took to right away.

Then off to Stanmore for another steak night with Mum and Mas in the Man in the Moon. We were sitting near a loud one armed man with a laugh like a crow, and some French folks. All pretty cheery, although hard for Mas to hear anything. Home and then slept the sleep of the virtuous, after talking to Lorraine who was laughing lots on the sofa with Betty.

Comments