Old haunts

Up at six thirty and getting myself organised to zoom off to Chiswick. Nice morning, and Lorraine gave me a lift to near the station. Getting off the train at Chiswick station, having gone via Clapham, reflecting on how life returns you to the same place.  Spent the day with Matty boy, Stephen, and Yas working out creative and strategic responses to pitch brief. Working in a room upstairs in the City Barge, a pub I know of old, with the sun glinting on the river just outside. Nice to meet Yas again, who impressed me a good deal when I first met her, as she and her husband set up a charity in Sri Lanka which has now been running for several years. I'm finding that I'm noticing the people who actually make a difference these days, and find I'd like to be a bit more like that.

A couple of beers with Matt and Stephen after work downstairs in the bar, then I trained up to Stanmore where I met Mum and Mase in the Man in the Moon. I was late, but they had secured a booth, one with a strange noturnal painting of moonlight through a garden gate by the side of aand we drank and as it was Weatherspoons steak night, I even ate a steak for the first time in a long while. A nice time there, and then we scooted back to their house, where Salty could be heard miaowing before the car had even parked.

Soon to bed, however, as it had been a long day and my top hat was a little askew.

Comments