In want of beauty

A dreary rainy morning. All at Kenny Towers up early, however. Beth off to a day of children's performances, many of which she had directed. Lorraine and I up and doing work. Lorraine also rewiring an old standard lamp. I worked on the pitch most of the day, with little forays into doing some work for my French client. Lorraine and I did however make some time this evening for a walk, as the weather had cleared, into our favourite walled garden.

Then we popped in the The Park View for a bite to eat this evening. They were playing extremely good music and the grub wasn't hideous, nor was the pint of Harveys bitter I gulped down rapidly.

Later, at home, Lorraine and I drank some of the gin we'd bought in Guernsey airport, and watched the excellent Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Then I packed and got ready for tomorrow for I am going up to London tomorrow and will stay overnight at Mum's place.

Below in the walled garden at Preston Park. Really beautiful. Finding myself in want of beauty because Lorraine and I had returned too quickly from Guernsey.


Comments