Learning about writing

A clap of thunder this morning as Lorraine and I got up. A chat with Matty boy this morning, and we may be doing some work together next week which will be nice. Otherwise hard at work on my various bits, including revitalising my marketing site, which I am now pouring some love into, prior to launching the marketing project I've been working on off and on.

Off on the afternoon for a variety of missions. Up to Oskar and Klaudia's school to do some literacy work with Oskar for an hour or so. I was a last minute stand in for Anton, and helped Oskar with some story work in a small group of children with a parent each. Oskar not paying much attention to the teachers who were leading the group, but having one good idea when it came to the actual writing, which rather saved the day. And I, at least, learnt about good writing from the two rather good teachers. As I was leaving, a brief howdy with Klaudia and Anna the bairn's godmother, who was collecting everyone.

Then to see Janet and Ken, as I was so close. Nice cup of tea there and a general catch up. Janet pleased this year to not be doing an open house. She is recovering from her radiotherapy now, and is happy that the treatments are done. Good to chat with Ken too. Then I hobbled down to seven dials where I met the illustrator Laura Dumbrell for a chat and to talk about a potential project. I like her illustrations, which sometimes looked like woodcuts, and I liked her too.

Then a cab home to my lovely Lorraine and the engorgement of a healthy stir fry.

Comments