Open Houses

A hearty breakfast this morning, although I was talking about pitch matters with Yas briefly, before coming down to scarf my bacon sandwich. Krys somewhat better this morning and with her architect's eye looked at our kitchen and gave us some insightful thoughts on how to extend it.

Then Lorraine, Krys and I went off to visit some more Open Houses. I fell into conversation with several people, including most interestingly with a man called Brian Mander, who has an extraordinary garden, with a plethora of concrete heads, stag antlers a caravan stage, and a huge tree with chains depending weird antlered heads. Had a short chat with him about Shakespeare among other things. Krys bought some ceramics during the tour too.

Then to The Park View where we met up with Betty and John, and John's uncle Martin for a Sunday roast.  Back to ours for a bit, before fond farewells to Krys who left for the station with John and Martin in a taxi.

Lorraine and I then walked back down to one of the Open Houses to pick up a picture by Angie Meadon, in gold ink on black card called A Walk With Friends.

In the evening made a point of watching the first episode of the BBC's Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell -- a good fist they made of it too -- very atmospheric and reminded me of Brian Mander's garden. I am going to find out more about him.

Comments