New moon

A really good day's work. Up early feeling better than I have done for the last week or so and wrote two more DRTV scripts, plus a post for my business blog before 11 am, and a good afternoon's work too, followed by an epic backing up and cross referencing all the files across my laptop and desktop session. It has made my brain feel clean and lean. Sat outside in the sunshine for a while too, and watered plants and examined them on a two-hourly basis. The biggest threat to the garden comes in the tortoiseshell form of Calliope who sees the freshly dug and planted flowerbeds as there for her convenience.

Off in the evening to meet Anton for a swifty. We met in the Shakey's Head and moved up to the Good Companions to take advantage of the fact that Anton had been given a card allowing him discount on certain boozes and food. But as Anton was up with the larks and skipping across the pond tomorrow, and had received instructions from afar not to miss the plane nor was I to detain him, our drink and bite were brief.

I walked back home under the crescent new moon in the fading blue and as I seemed to still have my drinking boots on, I popped into The Preston Park Tavern for a glass of Anchor Steam Beer, brought to mind by the Anton's American business. Thinking about Gwen, my grandmother in the pub, who would dance in circles and bow to the new moon, while shaking silver coins in her cupped hands. It explains a lot. Then home to talk at some length to my lovely wife.

Comments