Rain and glimpsed gardens

Proper Monday, with rain. Out in the rain to get milk first thing. Lorraine not well with cold and temperature. Not feeling too lively myself and so I decided not to go to the poetry workshop tonight. Beth off to work this afternoon, not particularly lively either. I worked on the pitch most of the day apart from when I had to jot down another, completely tangental, idea for something frivolous as it was scrambling my brain.

Lorraine home at lunchtime, and took to the sofa where she worked on her laptop. I made us the comfort pasta, with fresh herbs fresh plucked from the garden. Watched some TV about the Chelsea Garden Show and felt a longing to melt into a garden somewhere like a Keats nightingale.

Spoke about work to Yas tonight, and then had a FaceTime chat with the Tobster on a bank holiday in Ottowa.

Comments