A breather

Having overdone it with the walking the day before, I rested my leg and generally felt sore throaty and a bit run down. Lorraine went off into town to look at the Children's Parade, and visit the opticians, while I did a spot of writing.

When she returned we had a survey of the garden in preparation for buying plants tomorrow, and Dawn called round for a cup of tea, and to pick up some seedlings Lorraine had been nurturing for her. She had been part of the parade and the theme this year was taking flight, so there were lots of birds and gliders and astronauts, bees and so on.

I've stared re-reading Mindfulness in Plain English again. A rather good book by Venerable Henepola Gunaratan, which is a non-nonsense look at mediation. I feel the need for a bit of a refresher to get be back into it, after having lapsed for many years. Had a few short sessions of focusing on my breath, and found I needed to fall asleep, which I did.

A cheery evening in with Lorraine and Betty.

Comments