Summer flowers

Feeling better slowly but surely. A pleasant enough day working on various bits and pieces - I am revising Skelton Yawngrave prior to sending that out again but I feel almost like I'm on holiday. Miso soup today, bought from the Japanese shop, into which I slung some noodles and pak choi. Lorraine home just after lunch, and I made her one too, and we worked together upstairs in the afternoon.

Spoke to Mum, who is on antibiotics for a tooth problem, but looking forward to going to Chicago to see Romy and Toby.

A walk through the park this evening, it being full of summer, flowers and happy folks. The meadow flower area is particularly beautiful, the blue cornflowers particularly plentiful. We also then walked down what we hope will be our new street. I noticed lots of fuchsia bushes in people's gardens, which I took to be a good omen. You cling onto anything. I hope to get a cutting from mum's fuchsia when we move in, as her plant is taken from a cutting from my grandparent's garden in Guernsey. Lorraine and I are really looking forward to having a garden.

Then home, for making salmon and salad, then watched a gardening programme and, by way of balance, a couple of episodes of The Wire. 

Comments

A said…
Welcome to the 'hood…
Peter Kenny said…
Thank you A. Expect a house warming invite when we are finally in there...