An afternoon with Klaudia

A beautiful day, and up earlyish. Lorraine waking Beth up for work twice, the second time in a Mr Punch voice. After Beth had shot off, we had a Quorn sausage sandwich for breakfast, before Lorraine  made off into town to have her hair done, and scoot about town.

I spent a happy afternoon with Klaudia, dropped off by Anton and Oskar who were on their way to a party. Klaudia and I hung out and did some work on poetry together, for a homework assignment.

She wrote a lovely piece about a secret beach, and another (slightly less lovely) about a dead jellyfish, a dead eel and a dead goldfish, which made us both laugh. She had recently discovered this blog too, and found there was lots of stuff about her on it. We read some of this out, even back to when she was a tiny child. It brought back good memories of things like sword fighting in the bluebell woods, or the day when Oskar soaked me in the back garden. We hung out looking at music videos too. I really enjoyed having my funny, intelligent Goddaughter here.

Lorraine home minutes after Klaudia had been collected, laden with shopping and brandishing a new dress, as proof that she has dropped a dress size (at least). I, incidentally, have dropped a couple of kilos in the last fortnight too, since Lorraine put me on a graph. Then Betty back home too, and was soon joined by her pal Laura who Lorraine and I like very much.

Then a bold move. Lorraine and I went to the Shahi for a curry, washed down with probably fatal lager. I really enjoyed it. Dr Rahmen, our bioenergy engineering PhD waiter has found himself a job working in a University in Birmingham and he was delighted. Home again to watch another dreary goalless game needing to be settled on penalties between the Dutch and the Costa Ricans. The quarter finals have been close but all had predictable results. Beth and Laura returned for an hour or so before going out again and Lorraine and I crept into bed.

Comments