In holiday mode

Back to working on poems this morning, and making the transition to holiday mode. Lorraine drove me to the printers where I picked up some prints of a reading for a wedding I had done for Craig and Mel. I then took these to the framer, then off to the gym where I did a sweaty workout, my third of the week.

Quite pleased to note that the bulk of what I had put on in Leeds is now off again. Ate a large ham and salad baguette to celebrate this afternoon. FaceTime with Mum and Toby in Chicago, just before they were to set off for Canada. Toby said that Meatball the cat enjoyed the views from their Chicago house.

I walked over to see Janet and Ken late in the afternoon, for a cup of tea and a pleasant chat.

Later Lorraine and I met Rosie in The Crescent and then wandered into The Cow, where we had a snack and met Rosie's new friend Dave and his pal called Venny. Dave seemed a nice man and he works as a landscape gardener.Anton joined us later having gone through train hell on the way back from London. A pleasant evening in which I drank some risky beer. The first one was a glorious thing.

Comments