Back to the gym

Feeling well enough today to try going back to the gym, for the first time in ages, for a paltry, but significant, 15 minutes on the cross trainer and 5 minutes on the rowing machine. It felt good to be at least able to do this. Later in the day, it being very hot up in the roof of the Old Church Hall, walked down to the sea and had a paddle.  The beach naturally very crowded, but the water was warm and if I'd had my swimmies on I would have gone in.

Was contacted about work next week, but I am in Leeds, so could only offer Monday or the following week. Heard no more. Otherwise a productive day on my own stuff. Lorraine out with work folks tonight. Another large storm in Brighton early in the evening, and I took the precaution of unplugging computers and TVs for a bit, thinking of people I've known who were terrified of thunder, such as my grandfather's family, and when I stayed in the south of Italy with an Italian family once, how one of the older women prayed fervently with rosary beads during a storm. Personally, I really like storms, finding them exciting and beautiful, but I don't want my IT knocked out.

When Lorraine home, we watched another episode of The Wire. Brilliant TV, and far better than anything on at the moment.

Comments