You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland

Felt like Neo in the Matrix gulping the last of my morning's six red steroid pills. On the plus side, I am able to lope adequately again, on the minus side I have never experienced such episodes of confused depression and paranoia as I have done in the last few days. They do not agree with me, and they are done.

Today's tactic was to keep my brain occupied with listening to audio books and playing a repetitive computer game.  Finished off Fatherland by Robert Harris, not my normal fare, but an intriguing alternative history, set in the sixties after the Nazis had won the second world war with its hero a policeman uncovering the truth about the camps. Reading an introduction to Heidegger. I've read it before, but then Heidegger has large ideas.

The pills wearing off in the evening, and a pleasant time with Lorraine, munching virtuous salads, and Betty and her pal Laura being cheery.

Below the choice...


Comments