In tune

Feeling cheerful. This even more remarkable as I had stabbing eye pains, compelling me to undergo a personal triage about acute onset glaucoma, and preventing me working more than a few hours. Eye strain almost certainly caused when I was on steroids and, feeling crazy, listened to audiobooks and played an obsessive bubble-shooting computer game. The drugs made it hard to focus, I think.

Finished the Steve Jobs audiobook, an interesting depiction of a complex and hard to like man. Went to the gym today, for the briefest of workouts. Had to accept that I couldn't do much as the muscles in my calf have been pulled, as I have been loping orc wise for several weeks.  

A lovely evening, having met Matt in The Basketmakers, something that has not happened for some time. Huge amounts to discuss, and really great to simply have a few beers and shoot the breeze about music, writing and approaches to creativity - not to mention general gossip. It had been far too long, and great to discover we are still in tune.

Home to my lovely Lorraine and all well.

Comments