Escape to the Cotswolds

Friday to the quack, who personally sucked bloods out of me to pinpoint the cause of seized-up ankle and joints -- I will go back to find the results in a week or so. I like my doctor. Home and marvelling again at the treacheries of the body, that in a few days you can go from doing three 1-2 hour gym sessions per week to barely being able to walk.

An ideal time then for Lorraine and I to drive to the Cotswolds to stay with Sue and John. Grey overcast or raining all day of course. But a pleasant drive into the green, and a few minutes before we arrived at South Littleton the low sun broke free momentarily, and the spotlit fields and trees and the country road were suddenly beautiful against the brooding sky.

A warm welcome on arrival (and an articulate one from Paddy the dog who with the barest tweak to his DNA would actually talk) and we had an enjoyable evening sitting at their big kitchen table, eating and chatting late into the night.

Comments