Footie hurly burly

Normal day of working on the New Idea, and a spot of listening to Moby-Dick. Feeling better in myself than I have done for a while this Friday.

Afore I headed uphill to The Signalman this evening, with Lorraine, Beth and Cath to watch Eng-er-land play football against the Swedes. Much better seeing it in a boozer than in the tranquillity of one's own home. 

England won 3-2 after a close fought match. A few folks I knew in the bar, including Rick out of the Hi-Sides. A lively atmosphere, and fairly good fun. Equally nice to leave the sweary hurly burly and slope home. Nobody has expected England to do well this time, and they haven't utterly embarrassed themselves so far, as they did in the World Cup two years ago. But as sure as eggs is eggs, a debacle awaits.

Ankle better than it has been in two weeks today, but just before bed I trod on a stone in my sock and jarred the screaming bejasus out of it anew.

Comments