Waiting for changes

Betty had her first audition and screen test this afternoon in London for a TV comedy pilot, which she said went well, and was of course excellent experience for her. The result will not be known for a while, but she felt she gave a good account of herself. Lorraine went with her. The cursed ankle and general illness confined me like an unwilling monk, but at least I was safe from the teeming and unstoppable rain. Worked this morning, then read the Sara Maitland book on Silence this afternoon and spoke to Mum whose cycle of tooth-fracturing, applying lavender oil into her eye in the middle of the night instead of eyedrops-style mishaps is fortunately behind her.

Consulted the I Ching (or book of changes) today for the first time in ages. I asked it how to make the best use of my current situation, and it said, in brief, that there are tides in the affairs of men, and as this is a time of retreat. This time is important, however, as it enables me to order my affairs so that success and advancement are possible later. As ever, common sense advice, not dressed up in any mysticism.

Comments