End of silence

A welcome low key day Sue and John are excellent hosts, and I was able to creep about doing little without feeling I was short changing anyone. Sue and Lorraine went out this afternoon, and I finished the Sara Maitland A Book of Silence which I found wonderful, and was sad to have finished. Also took the opportunity to review my current situation with my projects and make a few decisions.Then a long chat with John over a wide range of issues from royalty, football and paleoanthropology, before settling down to watch a bit of football as the European cup of Nations has started. Lorraine's celebrations when she learned about this new spate of football curiously muted, although she does have updates on some iPad app which ping through with important news about, say, the Croatian team.

Evening eating curry with Sue and John and their two lively daughters Harry and Maiti, and one of their pals. Much singing coming down the stairs in the evening as the adults watched a little TV later on.

Comments