Snow in summer

Another good start on The New Idea for the first several hours of the day. Then walking to the new barbers in cool and pleasant sunshine. A pleasant man who refreshingly both talks and listens gave me an haircut, expertly drawing attention away from the area of concern. Grey and white hair snowing down. O for the dark curls of yesteryear. All this hobbling about is making me feel like a weary old man.

To the gym, chatting to Anton en route, among other things about 'our' new book. A longer rehabilitation session today, and I doubled my time on the cross trainer, and did some light weight work. Enjoyed shambling among the rows of  robotic narcissists.

Home and Betty up and looking wan on the gold sofa after partying with Amy last night.

I did more on the New Idea and Moby-Dick until it was time to cook a species of fish curry for L and I. Eng-er-land at it again on the TV tonight against Ukraine, getting another freak win. Texting Anton during the game, with Lorraine curled on the sofa. Our national side progress to the Quarter finals, where unless I am much mistaken, Italy will beat England like a ginger stepchild.Foot and ankle hurty tonight. I may have overdone it.

Comments