Healing not hobbling

Feeling less bizarre and dark as having Lorraine around prevented my steroid-induced mental drifting. Instead did a few practical things, shopping, cleaning up and so on, and lots of talking.Plus a heavy drug-induced sleep in the afternoon, but thanks to the drugsI can now walk properly, with limbs normally aligned and I am not in pain.

Finished Mrs Dalloway all too soon, made me hungry to read more of her work. Such a deftly-written book published in 1925, with rather disturbing themes of repressed love madness and the magnetism of death. I doff my imaginary cap to her, and can't believe it has taken me so long to get around to reading any of Virginia Woolf's work. I will have to research what to read next.

Enjoyed chatting with Lorraine and shopping. I can even enjoy cleaning up cat litter with Lorraine. We decided not to go to  a party we'd been invited to tonight. Luckily Anton popped around and we had a good chat for a couple of hours, while the TV had the tedious Spain vs France playing in the background. Anton expressing an interest in Buddhism, after reading an article about how positive thinking isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comments