Back in the magic cafe

Up and working on some long-postponed admin this morning. Also talking to a new lovely French client, and sorting out some bits for my Guernsey trip. Took myself for a walk today down by the sea and along the pier, amazed by the novelty of it not raining. And taking some snaps for the sake of it. Very still and the sea calm, a spot of sun here and there, but inland brooding clouds.

On the way home, stopped at my magic cafe and worked on a new poem for a while, one of a sequence I am writing about Atlantis. They are coming with deceptive ease.

In the evening crashed a girl's night out and went to The Duke of York's Picture House in Brighton to see Made in Dagenham with Lorraine, Jan, Dawn and Dawn's cousin Hannah. It was a cheerful film, and made you feel proud to be a woman. Back to Lorraine's house to eat the pork joint she was cooking, but as she left for the cinema, she had forgotten to put the meat in the oven. Instead we had an emergency takeway.

Home late, and Calliope looking at me distrustfully. She can tell I am off tomorrow.

Below a mirror ball on the pier, dogems, a beach scene, and cranes.




Comments