Mum in hospital again

Just sitting down gleefully to get on with some of my own writing when Mas called up to say that Mum was in hospital again. Put off my stroke by this. In the evening I spoke to him and he said they were hoping she would be home again in a day or so. I hope so. If not I will shoot back up to London to visit her.

After spending hours staring at the screen, or reworking a story in a way that made it far worse, I went to the gym. Nice to be back there as paunch evil currently outranks knee evil.

Then had a haircut and returned to faffed about ineffectually, diverted only by a card through the door from the police about an incident in the Twitten a couple of Saturday nights ago, when I had been snoozing happily in Lorraine's house. The Twitten is a magnet for ne'erdoewells. As I walked out to the postbox this afternoon, there was a woman a few yards away waiting to score. On returning I saw the dealer and the woman walking away briskly. They might as well be painted in dayglo.

A Guernsey Double is now listed on the Guernsey Society site. Meanwhile Matt has been rehearsing our piece Found with the Rainbow Chorus, he texted: 'They liked Found. Was described as a slow burner and a grower'. Cheered by this.

In the evening Lorraine came around and we did another section of her evil form. After she left I watched the final episode of the wonderful and disgusting Inbetweeners, then had a chat with Toby till late.

Late, and wishing Mum wasn't in hospital again. And so to bed.

Comments