A spell in the trees

Lots of things have become clear to me in the last 48 hours. For example, exactly what needs to be done to Skelton Yawngrave to drastically improve it. Also an idea for a newspaper piece, and a general prioritisation of tasks. Jotted down these ideas quickly before going with Lorraine for a drive in the country.

A beautiful cloudless Sunday. We were going of to Borde Hill, but ended up stopping by the side of a road near Balcombe and simply taking a walk. I soon realised I had been here before with Oskar and Anton, on Oskar's first walk. Old trees including some splendid old oaks in a damp wood. Squished through there to the Half Moon pub for a quick drink. As when I went there with Anton, a distinctly unsmiling lack of welcome, but it was nice to sit outside.

Then back through the wood to the car, loving the low sun slanting through the trees like thin spotlights in the dark wood. Home and nothing remarkable happened, except that I went to my Marks and Sparks larder and some chump serving there was so abrupt when I went to pay that I ended up storming off without goods or having paid. Now I have to feel sheepish going back to my nearest shop as I inevitably will have to.

Below colours reflected in a pond.

Comments