Chilli Pickled

Woke up to Calliope purring an inch away from my face at 6:45am. Decided to get up and get on with the French work to do. Bolstered by a note from Justine my client, which began Peter, Peter, Peter … You are THE guy who it is definitely pleasant to work with ! Her English usage is unfailingly charming.

Worked hard all day, and had finished everything at four. Still feeling really buoyant after my walk on the cliffs. It has made an immense difference to how I feel about everything. Felt like the world was my lobster, and it was Friday and that meant seeing folks.

Met Matt in the Basketmakers for a cheeky. He'd had a sucky week. He and Wayne are moving out of the flat, as it is unbelievably damp. Matt's computer died, and he had to pay a PC doctor £200 to salvage his music files from it. Then I went to the Batty where I met Anton and Anna, Lorraine and Beth. Really lovely evening, Beth going off after a while to see Mark, and the rest of us went to Chilli Pickle Bistro, a gourmet Indian restaurant for what may have been the best Indian meal I have tasted, to celebrate my birthday which is next week.

Great food, and really pleased we went there with Anna and Anton. The meat was cooked absolutely perfectly, and everything we ordered was utterly delicious. The exotic fizzy pink gin I ordered was made with rosewater and lots of nice things, but ended up tasting like a liquid potpourri. Utterly fabulous place though, and well worth the steepish bill.

Lorraine and I walked home full and slightly elephant's trunk again. Oh well...

Comments