Howling in the rain

Rainy day. Spent the morning with Lorraine, who then got started on an interminable form to become a head teacher. After consoling, I left her to it and went home and tackled a backlog of laundry, oven cleaning and other matters which had slipped by the wayside. Also busied myself with another afternoon snooze. Knee less swollen today, which is good. I hope I am slowly clawing back towards feeling healthy again.

In the evening Lorraine and I went out with Wayne and Matt. Not before Calliope had chased us down the Twitten howling her disapproval in the rain. It tugs my heartstrings when she does that appallingly bereft yowling. Met the boys in The Cricketers, which was being its usual venue for middle aged folk to behave badly. Arrived with wet trousers due to the rain, and a woman on the next table promptly knocked a glass of beer over me too.

Then had a curry. (Seem to be living on the things at the moment. I love it.) We'd intended to go to the restaurant where Lorraine is fawned on, but this has finally gone out of business. Feel sorry for Ash who ran it. He was excellent facing the public, but it was always Fawlty Towersish in the kitchen. Rain pouring steadily outside the restaurant. Wayne observed that checks are back again. There was a group of men on some kind of Stag night, all of them sporting checked shirts. Glad I am no slave to fashion. Then off to The Eddy for an quiet drink and a gossip before Lorraine and I sloped home.

Comments