Catbites

Woken by Calliope biting my arm, as I had overslept. If I croaked suddenly my cat would happily snack on me. I was greatful however, as I was having a dream about some sort of growth coming out of my side like a disgusting cross between white tripe and a sea anemone. This thing was so repellent that it coloured my morning.

At lunchtime a letter from the doctor's saying they needed to see me after a recent blood test, which naturally led to hypochondriac speculations. Good job I was writing a website about haemophilia to take my mind off medical matters.

After five I went for a walk down to the sea and enjoyed watching the starlings swooping about in their synchronised flocks before roosting under the pier. Good to get some fresh air, but even this couldn't lift my mood.

Below Calliope a couple of days ago, her face lit by a sunbeam. She frequently sits on my desk like this while I work.


Comments