An inconvenience

Able to hobble with a lot more fluency this afternoon. An entirely drug free day. Excited by emails from Romy who has sorted out in exemplary style an itinerary for the visit to the New World. Otherwise wrote digital copy about arthritis and osteoporosis, which was less exciting.

A little after five thirty I met First Matie in Marks and Sparks. Back to my place for cups of tea. She had just been down for a casting interview for a random TV show. We left for the Sussex Yeoman just around the corner to strap on the nosebag, phoning Lorraine before I left.

On leaving Kate and I were surprised to find a gentleman of the road sitting with his back against my front door, all the better to urinate into his trousers. He was tremendously polite, however, which was disorienting. I was tremendously polite too, and Katie and I climbed over him into the Twitten. I returned a short while later, and applied a judicious bucket of water to the spot where he had been.

In the Yeoman I phoned Brian, who is cat sitting for Anton and Anna and who arrived quickly after. Lorraine arrived after a hectic day sorting house stuff out and working. We four had a cheery meal, three of us eating a highly be-vegetabled version of bangers and mash. I had a couple of gins before we all went our separate ways. Calliope ran up to me fetchingly as I was saying goodbye to Kate at the end of my Twitten. Home to watch more of the somewhat disturbing Dexter before welcome bed.

Comments