A night on the town

Walking around town fairly fluently today. Wearing my walking boots is a good idea as it shores up the rubbish ankle.

I bought a camera, ending the extensive period of mourning for my Lumix LX1 probably left on a bus: a splendid camera which always worked fabulously however I abused it. Now I have a Lumix DMC-TZ7 which is a sort of niece or nephew of the LX1. Naturally I have no idea what all the letters and numbers mean, but it is a very nice camera and even simpler to use than my old one. Then off to various shops, including Long Tall Sally where Lorraine is drawn like a bee to a bloom.

Bumped into Spooner and Ali and their delightful bairns. All looking well after a burst of sun in Greece. Spooner positively glowing with health.

Similarly Anton and Anna looking brown and very chilled after their weeks of camping in Dorset when we met them for Brian's birthday drink tonight. We all had a few drinks in the Caxton and ended up having a curry in our usual place. Lorraine and I had bought Brian a pair of wind up racing rats, so that he doesn't completely forget what he's missing between jobs.

Good to catch up. Anton telling me that Klaudia and Oskar particularly liking a tank collection. They also met a famous chef, and Anton has twisted his ankle in a bizarre clambering over a fence in the middle of the night accident.

I am mainly drinking gin and tonic these days (known as a Copy Shop lemonade, when Reuben First Matie and I first worked together). The only disadvantage is that it doesn't seem to make me drunk.

Then the usual fawning on Lorraine in the restaurant, and Brian given a free drink. Then a taxi home, after a splendid night.

Comments