Friday feeling

End of a long week. Busy rewriting a campaign implementation guide all day, which is a photo finish between complexity and tedium. Still, I am very pleased to be working and this is helping to pay for my trip to the New World. The people I am dealing with in the agency very pleasant too.

Managing to walk a little better now.

Also have been putting together my site for the anthology of Guernsey. It is in a pre-beta state, but for an early squint go here. Using some of my many Guernsey photos for the site - the initial selections will be added soon, and I hope to go live with it in September, to coincide with a scoot over there, and maybe a radio interview.

Received an amazing essay by an old university pal Michael Stone Richards, who is now Associate Professor of Comparative Literature, Critical Theory at a University in Detriot. The essay is about Theresa Hak Kyung Cha, a writer and artist of whom I was completely ignorant until now. MSR has a huge brain, and so I must read some of her work.

In the evening hobbled up the road to see Ken and Janet with Lorraine. Beardy kisses from Ken. We have a lovely meal and a long chat. I scored a bottle of gin before I went so I could sip gin and tonic, rather than risk wine or beer. Both on fine form, and Janet having been particularly productive producing artwork made of fabric, and a collage after a day's course with Maria Rivans, who I have praised many times in this blog, and an original sits, Frasier Crane style, by my desk.

Home to an earlyish bed.

Comments