A Sunday Minday

Lorraine seized with the desire to get on with things this morning. cooking breakfast and reorganising my spice rack, before going home. I spent the afternoon in hot knife through butter mode, getting completely up to date on my arthritis stuff.

Mindy drove down from Leamington late this afternoon. We'd not seen each other for about nine years, in fact from before I started this blog. Mindy and I go way back and, among many other wheezes and schemes, have dabbled in theatre together. She is at a crossroads in her life, not least that she has to have a mastectomy next week. Despite having lots of serious stuff to talk about, we also had several belly laughs. Funny how many friends you can just pick up with as if no time had passed at all. We walked through town down to the seaside, and then after a beer in the Cricketers, had a nice vegetarian meal, appropriately, in Food for Friends.

Limped home from there, my ankle beginning to hurt again. Chatted a bit before Mindy started falling asleep. A really nice (and productive day).

Comments