Home

Rather splendid to wake up at home at 1 pm, and realise that the journey back from Chicago was behind me. Forced myself, and Lorraine after strong coffee, to get up. A beautiful day in Brighton - considerably warmer than Chicago - and Lorraine and I went for a brief walk down to the shops before she went home, as we'd both crashed out at my place, being right next to the station.

Have loads of entries to catch up on, and some excellent photos to upload, so will be doing that asap.

Calliope bit and scratched me quite badly when I got back home, and it was only when I turned on my computer and sat in my study did everything click for her, and she sat on my shoulder nuzzling my face full of purring. She is a creature of passions.

Fish all present and correct. Lorraine's folks, and Beth and Mark had done a great job of looking after my beasts and house. In fact, Maureen Lorraine's mum had organised my airing cupboard. Amazing stuff, items all sorted and in neat piles. Found things in there I had not seen for two years.

Have messages from my old agency, so it seems that I will be working tomorrow too, which is good. Pottered about doing laundry, tidying up the place, and gripped with odd urges: suddenly descaling the kettle could no longer wait, nor could cleaning my bit of carpet upstairs.

Blearily organising photos etc. which I will gradually upload over the next day or so. Much correspondence to catch up on. Received a warmly signed poetry book by Renee Monamy.

Need to sleep now. Everything seems a bit too complicated.

Comments