The musical winged Barbie horse goes down well

Up the road this morning with Lorraine to give Klaudia her birthday presents, which Lorraine had wrapped in minutes. Brian was there too, which was good and am pleased to be hearing that he is thinking moving to Brighton. Klaudia seemed to quite like her presents. The flying horse makes many noises and flashes, so seemed to go down quite well, and she was walking around in her pink Barbie shoes too. I can't believe that that little thing is now five. It seems like only yesterday that I held her in my arms on her first day, just in time for her to have her first poo.

Anton (looking gallingly thin) nicely gave me a vinyl 45 of the immortal Uptown Top Ranking, by Althea and Donna, which he found at a car boot sale. This definitely one of my all time top twenty singles. (Not that I have been nerdy enough to list them. Yet.)

Home and with Lorraine's help I moved the aquarium. In so doing I managed to shatter the heater thermostat. As this aquarium system is no longer manufactured and all the bits are integral, this entirely preventable buffoonery may actually nix the whole tank.

Felt furious with myself for this, and it sparked a short bout of detestable moaning and fury. The underlying theme of which was about my protracted bout of prostatitis and a three month diet of antibiotics, which has made me exhausted and prone to stupid mistakes etc. etc. etc.

Humour repaired by some manic kitchen cleaning (breaking a nice glass for good measure) went out with poor Lorraine to meet Beth at Gourmet Burger Kitchen for lunch. They do proper burgers, which do not contain reconstituted noses. We sat by the window and watched the first snowflakes falling on the eccentric people of Brighton, and a few clumps of tourists, threading through the North Laines. Then we all went back to my place so I could be briefly interviewed about writing by Beth for a college assignment.

After Beth left, Lorraine and I sipped tea on the gold sofa, and watched the emotional elephants. Lorraine off home and I sloped off to the station to buy at ticket for next week. As we walked down Guildford Road, the station looked like it was in a snow globe. A fond farewell to Lorraine, and I felt bad for my über tetch.

Repaired home again to gloat over my new computer and speakers, while Calliope snoozed a few feet away. She is takes a dim view of the snow. Now that I have my home office set up perfectly at last, I'll naturally be working in London all next week. Snow allowing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ah now, if he was real record anorak, he would have also given you a copy of Alton Ellis' "I'm still in love with you" the riddim Uptown is sung over..I need to get out more - Anil