A bit of a drip

Awake at 5 in First Matie's flat in Chiswick, and had a million ideas running through my head. Such as what would be in an anthology of literature about Guernsey, or exactly how much was my outstanding billing, or why exactly am I working in bloody Glamoursmith again. Did some sums in bed, and then felt rather awake. Up early and after saying farewell to First Matie sloped off to Gunnersbury station, which of course feels very familiar to me as I once lived about two hundred yards from where Katie now lives.

Into work at 8am, and was the first to arrive. Worked on bits and pieces during the morning: on MS and psoriasis. Had a chatty lunch with Betsy in a cafe called Plum, which is nearby and unsmilingly staffed. A bit slow and brain dead in the afternoon. I had to make my excuses to leave early to get back to Brighton in time to let the plumber in. When he did not appear, I called him only to be told that the booking was for next Wednesday, which was not my understanding at all. Galling, not least because I had also bumped seeing Marja after work.

Nice to be home. Fortunately the shower drip seems to have got no worse. Also retrieved my phone with lots of messages on it. Calliope delighted to see me, which was nice. I felt a bit sad when I thought of her all alone this morning.

And with a phone, I was actually able to speak to Lorraine too, as well as Marja to arrange a new evening.

Comments