Life. Death. Hammersmith

London again. Bumped into Reuben in Victoria and we had a chat walking through the station. Discussed the redundancies hitting creative agencies. Thankfully, his agency seems to be okay.

Walking through the graveyard to the agency I delighted in a few crowds of little crocuses here and there. The gleeful beginnings of the year. Reaching Fulham Palace Road by the hospital I saw a team of dark funeral horses with black plumes. Surreal in the shabby street. The patient horses like death waiting in the wings. The circle of life in Hammersmith.

Into another day of MS concepts and a bit of wounds thrown in for good measure. Went for a late lunch with Betsy and the CD and head of art, who are both likeable guys, to the OSP. This is an old agency haunt and so feels like yet another time warp. I've had nightmares where in the dream I am back at University and doing my course all over again, except this time I fail it. It's messing with my head being back working in the building. And they are having to make people redundant too - so it reminds me of some of the most stressful times there. I keep having to remind myself that working with Betsy is great, and it is nothing but a random coincidence that I a working there.

Feeling tired on the way home, and the heart-sinking sight of mass cancellations again at Victoria didn't help. However I was lucky and managed to escape, despite arriving at a platform to see one Brighton train suddenly close its doors and leave, leaving me and a dozen others stranded outside it. Several men rounded on the poor whistle blower on the platform, and at one point I thought I might have to step in to protect him. Commuting, when it is constantly going wrong, literally drives people crazy.

Home and a lovely lazy evening, feeling like an escapee, in the knowledge that I will be working from home for the rest of the week, and not caught up in the train hell for a while. Lorraine came around, as she is on holiday for a few days too, and cooked a couscous delight.

Below a rather poor photo of the horses.

Comments