Back in the Bull's Head

Calliope has perfected a new technique. Crawl into the end of the bed, and insert one or two claws into the soles of your feet.

Up to London, and I had cleverly arranged to spend the evening with First Matie and Matty so took a bag with things in it. As soon as I sat down in the train I realised I'd left my mobile phone at home, which had me grinding my teeth.

Spent the best part of the day waiting to be briefed. By the time the briefing happened, I had lost the will to be creative. I did however have a nice walk along the river at lunchtime, and I was also able to catch up on correspondence with Nev in Australia, who is has decided to set up on his own now as a freelancah. Still talk of us doing a project together from opposite ends of the globe, like Elton John and Bernie Taupin, as Nev said. I'll simply note here that I can't play the piano.

Also was asked to contribute by Catriona Stares in Guernsey a few ideas towards a brainstorm happening about what's happening in the arts. I cheekily suggested that I would like to edit an anthology of writing about Guernsey, which would include everyone from Victor Hugo to Guppy the cartoonist.

After work headed off to The Bull's Head to join Kate and Matty in a beverage. Then the three of us went back to Katie's and a hearty lasagna (I wolfed two portions) and we all drank wine, looked at photos of Kate and Matty and gossiped until bedtime.

Comments

Kate said…
Always welcome PK, always welcome.