The Venn diagram of practical successes

Calliope woke me at 8.00am, so I got up and spent a few hours finishing the interview piece, then woke Lorraine up at mid day, and had breakfast.

Then, with Lorraine intervening when I began to sob, looked at my shower. This is leaking slightly and steadily and there is nothing I can do about it. Also the security light above my door no longer works. Spent some time trying to repair this, until it was clear a new one needed to be bought as the sensor has failed. The security light I bought (thankfully on sale) turned out to be wrong and only works when aligned vertically, and not horizontally so as to shine down on the murderers, muggers, rapists, drug addicts, burglars, etc. as they approach my door. Luckily Lorraine needs one too, and took it.

The Venn diagram of PKs and current practical successes looks like two moons.

Nice call from Matty and Kate who were refreshing themselves after a bike ride in the Blue Anchor. And talked to Mum too.

After Lorraine went back home, I went out for a cheeky beer with Anton in the Eddy where we failed to agree on the rules for a competition about who has more of the albums in the 1000 best albums you should hear before you die book I gave him for Christmas. Anton is a difficult person to negotiate with sometimes. Then home early, as Anton wanted to watch the infernal Manchester United on the television, to chat to the Tobster before sloping happily off to bed, only to wake up a hour or so later worrying about the dripping tap.

Comments