Goads

Late to bed, and a poor night's sleep compounded by Calliope deciding that I should be woken at 5am. When she was rebuffed and booted out of the bedroom, she scratched and yowled at the door like some domestic goading devil for the next hour and a half. I think she is feeling neglected.

Off to London feeling braindead. Have been using my wee crotchtop computer to work on Skelton Yawngrave on the train in the morning, so at least the whole day isn't wasted. Into the agency for an unstructured day's work, where Betsy and I seemed to produce little in the way of tangible results. Felt frustrated and tired. Things like having no proper scamping up pads, and still not being able to get onto the agency system after two days of requests not helping. Why, wherever you go, is the IT department's default setting unwilling to help?

Was emailed by my nice pharma client Jamie, and I have to do some fiddling with the references, which is going to be like plunging needles in my own eyes.

Nice to bump into my old pals Alice Lee, and Emma today who both seemed spiffy in their various ways. At last an day of travel which didn't completely suck. My train was delayed this evening, but I was late so I could actually catch it. Result!

Had to biff a night out with Bob the old Mad Dog this evening, as I was too pooped and I also had to get my ducks in a row for an interview I am doing tomorrow afternoon with a Director of Sustainability and Regeneration in a London borough. So will need to pack my sustainability head into my man bag tomorrow. Sustainability had been knocked off the hand wringing charts by the recession at the moment, but must not be allowed to fade away.

Home at 8:45 after buying a Chinese takeaway to fiddle about getting things ready for tomorrow. Thank God for Friday, and no sodding trains for two days. More snow is falling over Blighty. Be interesting to see if I can actually get into London tomorrow anyway.

Comments