Home at last

Mercifully home today. Calliope working hard to completely wake me and Lorraine up at seven. I left Lorraine dozing and was about to start work, when the connectivity gremlin meant I had to spend the next hour or so on the line to a lady somewhere in India. Something about Vista, BT and McAfee updates spells doom. And there is something too about the branding of an organisation that calls itself British Telecom having all its telephone staff in a different continent which is slightly confusing.

Off then to buy catfood having achieved nothing at all. Lorraine off to see rellies. Me back home to do the work for my pharma client and some other bits. All in all a good session today though no skeletons. Also sidetracked this evening by a computer game called Combat Wings, based on the Battle of Britain. As a person who constructed dozens of Airfix kits as a boy (as did any other right thinking lad of the same vintage) being able to "fly" a Hurricane and shoot down assorted Stukas, Heinkels and Messerschmitts is hard to resist. If these games were available when I was a nipper I don't think I would have ever left the house.

Spoke to Marja to rearrange yet again meeting up. And after another ghastly connection went for an hour's walk around Brighton to de-tetch by the sea - and pay a cheque in the post. Also bought a scrapbook. I have lots of scraps of visual things I find interesting and then need to go into one place. Mum has one which is very good. Lots of creatives I know keep them too. Not sure why I never have.

This evening Alf, who is Brighton's philosophical plumber, called round and fixed my plumbing, which is a great relief. A very nice chap.

Feeling a bit sad about Calliope. I am taking her tomorrow to the vets to be snipped. The vets say it is a good idea, and I'm not sure I could cope with six more cats in the house. But it does feel a bit like playing God.

Comments