Ska-ed

Much improved this morning. General wheezing and bad chest has abated. Lorraine drove me and Calliope to the vet to get her stitches taken out. More venting of throaty yowls in the car, but she was chilled in the vet's place and her wound is neatly healed with a little scar.

Home, and more website referencing work for my Pfizer client for a few hours until this was done. Then spent some time shouting at the TV the rugby. The ill disciplined England team are especially infuriating this year. However I was delighted to note another Chelsea victory, and that the tentacles of darkness which have held them back this year seem to be loosening their grip.

Lorraine and I zoomed off to the Hanbury Club, where we met Jess and Andrew to celebrate Jess's birthday. Also met Kate, Jess's daughter who is studying Law. Good food, especially the Thai style crab starters. Music provided by Ska Toons who did a particularly excellent ska veering into jazz version of Wichita Lineman. Some creaking about the dance floor afterwards (me going one step beyond with one or two of my suaver ska moves) before bundling into a taxi home.

Comments