The loneliness of waiting for Lakshmi

Up with the sparrows and off to London again, working on MS and Surgical Site Infections. Managing a little Skelton Yawngrave work on the train. My wee crotch top computer is a boon, and I worked well despite being sat next to a weird woman who radiated psychic pollution as she tore through various files.

After work went to The Salisbury to meet Lakshmi. While I was waiting for her and gratefully gulping a pint of Deuchars, I was rather surprisingly accosted by a young man called Tom. He worked in recruitment and thought I looked lonely on my own. Rather odd, as I had only been there for a few minutes and am not prone to looking lonely. Anyway, he was with a friend and they were charged with chaperoning two clients who had wandered off. I ended up sitting down and having a chat with them. Very nice guys. 

Lakshmi soon appeared looking smart but having had a rotten day. However after a large glass of wine she cheered up somewhat, and we wove into Soho and ate some nice duck of a Peking persuasion and drank Tsingtao beer, and had long chats about London and the nature of rootlessness. 

Back to Victoria and a fond farewell to Lakshmi who is heading off to India and Dubai over the next week or so, and I climbed aboard the Brighton train. After a cheery conversation with Lorraine, I fell into a doze and woke shortly before arriving in Brighton. Home, and Calliope wasn't there. A new development, as she is choosing these days to have nights out on the tiles. 

And so to bed.

Comments