A different day

Decided to get a grip today. And I am feeling a great deal more positive. Plus I got good feedback from my client on the big job I'm doing, and I am delivering well before my deadlines so everyone's pleased.

Decided to take myself to the gym, and do something even if it was only five minutes.

Sat in the changing room for ten minutes trying every lock combination known to man on my combination lock. Eventually I stumbled on it and was able to lock my keys, phone etc. away. Then I remembered I needed my towel. Mysteriously, the same combination wouldn't work to open it. Another ten minutes trying that combination, and many others, while being given advice by various gentlemen. Eventually I realised you had to turn all the barrels in the same direction before the combination lock registered the code.

Sigh. It's the numbers. Meaningless things.

Managed to do a fair amount in the gym and felt much better for it - although pretty knackered.

Quite a relaxed afternoon, as I stopped working at 3. Then sent off my manuscript for poetry business competition, had a big tidy up and hoover, pushed cat through cat flap x10. She still not getting it, although can push herself through catflap enough to nip my fingers, but then will back through it to miaow piteously outside about not being able to get in.

Talked to Anton who had an out of proportion interest in some game Chelsea played in a minor cup competition during the week.

Lorraine around this evening, and we did the glorious Friday business: a cheeky beer and a curry. Brilliant. Beer is excellent if you don't drink much of it. And Lorraine is a splendidly relaxing person to do the whole Friday thing with.

Feel like a new person today.

Comments