Alice Russell

Slipped free of my website shackles this evening to go out with Anton and Lorraine to see lovely Alice Russell at Brighton Komedia. It was the first night of her new tour, to promote her new album Pot of Gold and she and her great band, featuring writing partner TM Juke, put on a splendid show as usual. Acoustics very different there to when Anton and I last saw her last at the Concorde 2. But an excellent show with several promising new tracks, as well as my favourite Hurry On Home, which always reminds me of moving to Brighton. She also did the best version of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy I've ever heard. Very mixed crowd of old geezers like myself while Lorraine bumped into some of Beth's schoolfriends there. Alice is not really a diva, in the sense that she seems really approachable and likable. Someone shouted out ironically that she should be on X Factor. Which although quite funny, must also have been galling to someone of Alice Russell's ability.

We all really enjoyed the night out, and I felt sorry for Anna who missed it. After Lorraine left, I ended up with Anton having an enjoyable late beer in the Eddy.

In other news. Somewhat troubled by my role as freelance tropical fish consultant, as one of Beth's fish, Larry the neon, croaked, and apparently Sushi the Siamese fighting fish is looking a bit rough round the gills.

Below some blurry shots of Alice last night, and the video fo the immortal Hurry On Home




Comments