Eyes. Eyes. Mince pies

Spent the day knee deep in eye diseases, with only the man from Tescos delivery and the cat to distract me. Pleased I had a check up lately, so can keep the details of glaucoma etc. in the realm of theory.

In the evening Lorraine and Beth came around to discuss a speech Beth is making at her old school. Beth seemed to know what she wanted to say anyway, but we had tea and the first mince pies of the year. Beth told me about seeing the Mighty Boosh who were rather good apparently.

While they were here, Calliope worked her cat door unaided for the first time. I had poked her outside to cool off after tearing about the place wildly. She rushed back inside to rub her face on mine, purring happily.

Spoke to mum and mase about Thanksgiving arrangements. Mason's American style Thanksgiving feed always signifies the onset of the festive period for me.

Watching a bizarre film as I type called Underworld Evolution, a preposterous gorefest of werewolves and vampires battling one another, which also seems to have Derek Jacobi in it. Must have been a nice little earner.

Comments