Gobama!

A busy day... Woke at 6:30 with Calliope standing on my face. Then off to the quack's first thing for checkup.

While zooming off to London, spoke to Mex who is still juggling career options, and Bob who is still wondering if moving to Salisbury was a such a good idea after all.

Worked with two art directors, Betsy and Erica who, being American, were exceedingly cheery at the prospect of an Obama victory, as is almost every sentient being on the planet. Erica sporting a top with a stars and stripes on it, and Betsy doing various cheerleader type dances, and even a cartwheel. High spirited ladies both. We all worked fairly late, and then had I a fast and cheeky beer with the FB and Erica in the Distillers before the call of the seagull grew strong in me.

The FB made me laugh describing his Frenchified heating habits to Erica: "I'll eat anything I can beat at chess".

Spoke to Sophie whose mother is in hospital, and who is having a tricky time with her assistant in her business. Also to Lorraine on the way home, before listening to a podcast about Kurt Gödel's incompleteness theorems. All a bit mathematical for me. However they failed to mention that, according to Wikipedia, he starved himself to death in 1978 after his wife was hospitalised. He had convinced himself that someone was trying to poison him so he was only able to eat food that his wife had tasted first.

Calliope was unimpressed by my long absence. When fed, she spurned her own food and persistently, and from many angles, weaseled her face into my plate of singapore noodles. Ignoring her own fresh water, she instead stuck her entire head into the top of a glass of half finished sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon, and emerged sneezing violently, before biffing it onto the floor in disgust.

Was contacted by the BBC today about a post I'd written on my daywork blog. Interesting...

Comments

Kate said…
I think Calliope should have her own blog. and when are we meeting for beers then? Soon please. Neeeeeeedy.